|Exhibitions| Polaris Music Prize Poster Program
Sept 8th - 29th 2022
Polaris poster program creates a diverse array of poster-formatted artworks each year, produced by a selection of talented Canadian visual artists. The work in this exhibition pays tribute to inspiring Canadian musicians through visual interpretations of their respective albums.
Short List poster creators:
- Sylvain Beaudry for Destroyer’s LABYRINTHITIS
- Noel Nanton for Pierre Kwenders’ José Louis And The Paradox Of Love
- Mathieu Dionne for Lisa Leblanc’s Chiac Disco
- Stéphane Monnet for Hubert Lenoir’s PICTURA DE IPSE : Musique directe
- Tallulah Fontaine for Kelly McMichael’s Waves
- Josephine Guan for Ombiigizi’s Sewn Back Together
- Mark Neil Balson for Ouri’s Frame of a Fauna
- Ashley Floréal for Shad’s TAO
- Dominic Ayre for Snotty Nose Rez Kids’s Life After
- Kendra Yee for Charlotte Day Wilson’s ALPHA
- Yazmin Monet Butcher for Faith Nolan’s Africville
- Jean deMers for Nomeansno’s Wrong
“This year's 2022 Short List captures the ambition, creativity, and boundless potential of Canadian music from coast to coast. Bravo to our 10 nominees, and a huge thank you to our esteemed jury for offering their time and expertise. For the first time in a few years, I'm thrilled to suggest that if you have the opportunity to see any of the artists on this Short List live, you should. We're all long overdue,” said Polaris jury foreperson Melissa Vincent.
For the first time since 2019, the winning album will be revealed live at the Polaris Gala September 19th. The Gala will once again be held at The Carlu in Toronto, the venue that has hosted the likes of Glenn Gould, Billie Holiday, Frank Sinatra, and multiple Polaris events.